Wayne is a Principal in the Sydney office of PKF and also provides leadership and guidance across our national PKF Integrity team (previously Forensic and Risk Services).
Wayne has over 30 years' experience as a leading risk and investigation professional, including six years in EY’s forensic practice. Directly prior to joining PKF, Wayne was the Director of Risk and Forensic Services for RISQ Group providing advice to boards and senior management in relation to best practice, governance and compliance.
Wayne has extensive expertise in leading and conducting major investigations in relation to both serious criminal conduct and misconduct in the workplace. His investigative background encompasses the broad spectrum of major crime including fraud, homicide and organised crime as well as significant experience in conducting investigations in both the public and private sectors.
Examples of previous engagements include:
- Led a three-month investigation an organisation based in South East Asia focused on alleged corruption in multi-million dollar contracts. The report led to the CEO departing the organisation and significant restructuring of processes and procedures.
- Developed and maintained the Fraud and Corruption Control framework for an organisation in the mining industry.
- Conducted numerous investigations into allegations of corrupt conduct, fraud, and other misconduct for a number of public sector agencies which have led to employees having their employment terminated, facing Court proceedings and/or being reported to the ICAC or similar bodies.
- Assisted a number of insured parties in providing their insurers with “proof of loss” in fidelity claims made with those insurers.
- Provided advice and investigative assistance over several years to organisations in the education sector in relation to workplace issues, fraud and corruption allegations
Professional Memberships and Qualifications
- Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD)
- Diploma of Security and Risk Management
- Member of the International Association of Financial Crime Investigators (IAFCI)
- Advanced Diploma of Government (Management)— Investigation
- Diploma of Government Fraud Control
- Diploma of Government Security
- Cert IV in Government (Personnel Security)
- Associate Fellow of the Australian Institute of Professional Investigators
- Certified Fraud Examiner (ACFE).