Trudy is a Principal with the Business Recovery & Insolvency team based in Newcastle and has more than 17 years of experience in corporate and personal insolvency matters.
Trudy’s experience encompasses a variety of insolvency administrations and turnaround assignments, complex receiverships, voluntary administrations, deed administrations, liquidations, bankruptcies and personal insolvency agreements.
Working closely with her clients and referrers, Trudy has been engaged to manage major assignments across industries including mining services, construction and property development, real estate, manufacturing, hospitality and retail.
With broad experience of a range of insolvency areas, she also has specialist understanding of corporate restructuring and business turnaround, commercial and personal insolvencies and section 66G trusteeship.
Some of Trudy’s recent experience includes:
- Trading entities during Voluntary Administration/Liquidation, including trading a Club for over nine months with the view to selling it as a going concern;
- Preparing and executing asset realisation programs, including negotiating going concern sales;
- Conducting detailed investigations, public examinations and recovery actions under a range of insolvency administrations;
- Members’ Voluntary Liquidations, including club amalgamations;
- Administrations of Local Aboriginal Land Councils pursuant to the Aboriginal Land Rights Act 1983;
- Court appointments pursuant to Section 66G of the Conveyancing Act 1919 (NSW);
- Commercial litigation including test case in the Federal Court of Australia; and
- Insolvency and business turnaround consulting engagements.