Everything we do with and for our clients is built on trust - they trust us to be their partners and advisors, to guide their businesses like they are our own and to consistently make a difference.
Managing Partner – Melbourne
Tim has a diverse skill set backed by a strong technical knowledge in the taxation and advisory fields. He has broad expertise in taxation, both domestic and international, including specialist tax consulting engagements such as:
- Working hand in hand with advisors in multiple jurisdictions to complete the global tax efficient restructure of a multi-national digital marketing group;
- Taxation considerations for international and local employee equity participation and incentive plans for both public and private companies;
- Taxation due diligence and transaction support for ASX listed and private media groups;
- Taxation controversy, mediation and ATO dispute resolution for numerous private business, high wealth taxpayers and corporates;
- Domestic tax advice and compliance support for ASX listed corporate groups and large private business across sectors including child and aged care, financial services, media and construction
Tim is sought out for his advisory experience, extending to dispute resolution and transaction support, including taxation specific engagements and expert contributions.
- Member of the advisory board for a privately-owned financial services company
- Director on the national executive for PKF Australia
- He has given evidence as expert in the Federal Court of Australia, Supreme Court of Victoria, Federal Magistrates Court of Australia, Family Court of Australia as well as multiple international jurisdictions.
Tim’s experience includes tax consulting to both corporate and privately-owned business including significant advisory engagements in relation to:
- Global tax efficient structuring and re-structuring;
- Employee equity participation and incentive plans;
- Residency and capital gains tax;
- Taxation controversy and dispute resolution; and
- Domestic tax consulting including private company anti-avoidance and deeming rules, taxation of employee benefits and indirect taxes.
- With a background including corporate finance and transaction support engagements, Tim has conducted numerous taxation due diligence, pre and post-acquisition structuring and hands-on advisory engagements.
Recent examples of work include:
- Advising on the successful global restructure of a large international digital business headquartered in Australia
- Provision of tax due diligence services supporting acquisition transactions for ASX listed and private corporate groups
- Delivery of tailored equity incentive structuring advice locally and internationally
- Litigation support as tax expert in commercial and private disputes
- Successfully resolved a private binding ruling on behalf of a private group, spanning capital gains tax, trusts and entitlement in relation to a series of multi-million dollar transactions
Qualifications and memberships:
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Comm University of Melbourne)
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- Registered Self-Managed Superannuation Fund Auditor
- Registered Tax Agent