Steven has had a profound impact on PQSA. Our organisation is in a much stronger financial & sustainable position as a result of his contribution as our Treasurer
CEO – The Paraplegic and Quadriplegic Association of SA
Steven brings more than 25 years of experience providing clients with audit, risk, and technical advisory services, including independent
accountant and expert reports.
He lectures for the Department of State Development on financial modelling specific to NDIS providers and NFP organisations.
Steven has presented and Chaired many professional development sessions for the ICAA, IPA and the Law Society on various topics surrounding Self Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSFs), the
Not-For-Profit (NFP) industry and statutory trust accounts.
The types of entities that Steven has provided extensive external audit and advisory services to include State Government, Parliament of South Australia, Australian subsidiaries of multinational companies, listed public companies, Semi-Government organisations, Registered Clubs, NFPs, Cooperatives and SMSFs.
Recent examples of work include:
- Lead Partner that headed up a contract management review for one of the South Australian Governments's largest and highest profile state contracts reporting directly to the Minister, Auditor General and Independent Commissioner Against Corruption
- Assisting Partner on a major national ASX listed franchise business to assist in the development of a Vulnerable Workers Act framework and execution of network wide audit program across 800 sites
- Advisory Board Member of a significant global entity operating in the Defence Sector.
Qualifications and memberships:
- Registered Company Auditor
- Registered SMSF Auditor
- Registered Tax Agent
- Chartered Taxation Adviser
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of South Australia
- Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand