It is so satisfying to work in PKF teams delivering our services, supporting them to activate our values – passion, teamwork, clarity, quality and integrity.
Audit and Assurance Partner
Since joining the firm in 2009 Steve has contributed to the growth of the service line and its evolution beyond delivering External Audit to cover Internal Audit, Governance, Risk Management and Compliance services.
He built his experience from more than 25 years working with a Big Four firm, where he provided assurance services and business advice to a range of SMEs through to larger publicly listed entities and multinationals, and government business entities, operating across various industry and service sectors.
Clients admire his dedication to be hands-on in-service delivery, and pragmatic in advising and delivering solutions to address their needs and concerns.
He enjoys working with all clients, small to large, business owners and ‘C-Suite’ alike, and including an expanding portfolio of not-for-profits, all of whom acknowledge his ability to:
- meet a range of assurance requirements, whether in accordance with regulations or to independently respond to stakeholder needs;
- maintain their awareness of changing reporting frameworks and compliance requirements; and
- build strong relationships through integrity, care and respect.
Steve’s interest in the not-for-profit sector extends to his commitment as a Director of St Martins Youth Arts, and member of the Finance, Risk, Audit & Investment Committee of Australian Communities Foundation.
He enables clients of varying legal structure, type, focus, and size to meet a range of requirements, whether in accordance with legislation or to independently respond to stakeholder needs, while keeping his clients aware of changing reporting frameworks and compliance requirements.
Recent examples of work include:
- Providing assurance to a diverse range of clients spanning industry, private to listed structure, local and international borders, and deliver clarity to each in pursuit of their goals
- Providing audit services to a long-standing client involved in medical imaging, from concept to IPO
- Applying data analytics techniques to search for and address outliers in a population, and so systematically validate the effective operation of controls
Qualifications and memberships:
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Registered Tax Agent
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)