As an auditor and a business owner myself, I enjoy the challenge of getting to know my clients’ business and risk environment. I see this as critical in discharging my duties to provide integrity in our reporting to stakeholders.
Partner - Audit and Assurance
Shaun has over 20 years of audit experience in both Big 4 and mid tier firms, and has worked with PKF and formerly Hacketts since 2004.
His client base and experience is diverse and includes the audit of listed public entities operating domestically and internationally, large private groups, not for profit entities and superannuation funds. Shaun also has experience in the audit of government entities on behalf of the QLD Audit Office, and Unions.
Shaun is the appointed quality control partner within PKF Brisbane and is heavily involved in ensuring the firm’s compliance with all necessary professional and ethical standards, and the Corporations Regulations. He also leads the ‘Audit Quality’ national group within PKF Australia and New Zealand on behalf of PKF member firms.
Recent examples of work include:
- Leads the audit engagements for a number of ASX-listed public companies, in various sectors, more recently with a focus on the technology sector and emerging markets (e.g. China)
- Acting as investigating accountant for a number of successful IPO’s, with underlying businesses in a number of different geographical jurisdictions
- Leads the PKF Australia Audit and Assurance Group as national head of audit quality, overseeing and coordinating activities to promote national compliance with regulations and standards
Qualifications and memberships:
- Registered Company Auditor
- Registered Self Managed Superfund Auditor
- Registered Auditor in NZ (Companies Office) and with the Registered Organisations Commission (ROC).