Our objective is to provide clients with practical solutions to complex problems through the utilisation of strong technical knowledge combined with strategic thinking and good commercial judgement.
Scott McMurtrie is a tax consulting Partner at PKF Gold Coast, consulting to private and public entities providing direct and indirect tax advice, compliance reviews and lodgement of tax return services.
Scott consults to domestic and international clients across a range of industries including the film & television, finance, AFSL & managed investment schemes (MIS), property & construction, tourism, leisure and hospitality, professional services and mining & natural resources.
With extensive experience in tax consulting, Scott is regularly engaged to identify innovative and commercial solutions to complex tax problems and structures.
Recent examples of work include:
- Restructuring of public and private groups
- Ongoing compliance and strategy reviews for financial services clients
- Reviewing and assessing complex capital gains tax transactions
- Multifaceted advice with regard to international transactions including; establishment of international operating structures including the implications of the controlled foreign company rules and relevant double tax treaties
- Migration of tax residency of a UK public company to Australia including associated tax issues
- Negotiating the settlement of a large and complex tax audit on behalf of a client that saved millions of dollars in tax and penalties.
Qualifications and memberships:
- Fellow of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- Fellow of the Tax Institute
- Chartered Tax Advisor
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting)