The risk of fraud and corruption is a constant challenge for organisations. Crimes of this nature are often difficult to prevent and investigate. Organisations need to recognise the potential financial, operational and personal impacts of these events and used skilled experienced practitioners and the latest methods to prevent, detect and investigate.
PKF Integrity Partner
Robert Cockerell is an investigator with more than 30 years’ experience, with expertise in the investigation of complex crimes and the management of fraud prevention and detection.
Robert has extensive experience in investigations, strategic data analytics, forensic technology, and corruption and fraud risk management. Robert also holds advanced training qualifications in interview techniques. He is an expert in the detection of deception by interview and has authored a number of critically acclaimed training programs for the CPA, ACFE and Institute of Internal Auditors.
A former Detective Chief Inspector with the Victoria Police, Robert has led some of the most complex fraud and drug investigations in Australia and was twice awarded the Chief Commissioners Certificate for investigative excellence.
Before joining PKF Melbourne, Robert worked within the Forensic practices of Ernst&Young and KordaMentha where he conducted a large number of complex investigations and fraud prevention engagements in Europe, Asia, Africa, Papau New Guinea, Brazil and Cyprus, resulting in successful outcomes and the recovery of millions of dollars for clients.
Robert's recent experience includes:
- Managed a co-source fraud management and investigations for a major infrastructure organisation.
- Led a complex corruption investigation into a major not-for-profit organisation which led to an independent inquiry by a former Supreme Court judge in NSW.
- Led a complex fraud and corruption investigation for a major logistics organisation.
- Presented on the “Art of Detecting Deception in Interviews” to over 1200 people at the ACFE International Conference in Austin, Texas.
- Led a major corruption investigation for a construction client in the Middle East.
Memberships and Qualifications:
- Masters of Business Administration (Accounting and Finance) – Victoria University