From preparing Independent Expert’s Reports for ASX listed companies to valuing a small business for Family Law purposes or appearing in Court as an expert on assessment of loss and damage, working in a valuation practice is never dull and boring.
Corporate Finance Director
Paul has over 20 years of experience with PKF Melbourne Corporate (formerly DMR Corporate) specialising in the provision of independent valuations for a range of legal and commercial purposes, assessments of loss and damage, share and option valuations, valuation of intangible assets and preparation of independent expert’s reports.
This experience has included providing expert evidence across a variety of Australian jurisdictions. His specific industry experience is broad, spanning across transport, banking, manufacturing and health.
His broad valuation experience enables him to prepare medium to large business valuations that deal with complex family structures and address related valuation issues such as minority and marketability discounts. He has considerable experience in valuing professional practices.
Prior to joining PKF Melbourne, Paul also gained over 20 years’ experience in Australia, USA, United Kingdom and the Czech and Slovak Republics. He was the founding Managing Partner of KPMG in the Czech and Slovak Republics between 1991 and 1993.
Recent examples of work include:
- Independent Expert’s report for REV
- Single expert in a Victorian Supreme Court oppression case
- Shadow expert in a large Family Law matter
- Review of valuation in a significant tax dispute with the ATO
Qualifications and memberships:
- Member of the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Member of the Business Valuation Special Interest Group
- Member of the Forensic Accounting Special Interest Group