Paul’s areas of speciality include Corporate Recovery & Insolvency, Forensic Accounting, Litigation Support, Auditing, Management Consultancy and GST.
Paul is the Chairman of Partners of our Adelaide office. With over 27 years' experience encompassing the above specialty areas, he has worked in Australia and the UK.
His dedication to further education has seen Paul receive recognition for achieving the highest mark in SA and Australia in the Advanced Insolvency Course.
Covering the full spectrum of PKF clients, Paul works to service small to medium enterprises right through to the specific issues faced by professional clients across a range of industries.
Paul advises clients who own several Adelaide CBD properties. Outside of the profession, Paul enjoys family life, Surf Life Saving, triathlons and theatre.
Paul is a Fellow of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ), a Fellow of the Tax Institute, and a member of various bodies such as the Australian Restructuring & Turnaround Association and Australian Institute of Credit Management.
Some of Paul’s key assignments have included:
- Giving evidence in the Federal Court of Australia, the Supreme Court of South Australia, the Supreme Court of Victoria, the Supreme Court of New South Wales, the Family Court of Australia, the Magistrates Court and the District Court of South Australia
- Appointed as Official Liquidator, Receiver & Manager, Members' and Creditors' Voluntary Liquidator, Voluntary Administrator and Deeds of Company Arrangement Administrator for a large range of companies in Australia and the UK
- Provided reports on various insolvency-related issues and situations, including advice to bankers in relation to security reviews and possible turnaround strategies
- Advising in respect of acquisitions and mergers
- Advising in relation to the tax consequences and structuring of business sales
- Advising in relation to the tax aspects of succession strategies for family owned businesses
- Advising in relation to the tax aspects of estate planning
- Advising in relation to the tax aspects of property developments
- Director of numerous commercial and Not for Profit entities.