The speed at which organisations move is crucial to being prepared for the next emerging risk. Organisations are now recognising the benefit of being on the front-foot as recovery time is proving to shorten with time.
Business Recovery and Insolvency Partner
Paul is a Partner working in the Business Recovery & Insolvency practice of our PKF Melbourne office. He has over 20 years’ experience and specialises in all types of formal insolvency appointments.
Paul is a Registered Liquidator and Bankruptcy Trustee and provides specialist corporate and personal insolvency advice to his clients. Paul’s clients value his honesty and commercial approach to complex matters.
Paul has also built strong and well-respected working relationships with major retail banks, law and accounting firms and government agencies.
Paul spent eight years in the United Kingdom working for a large international accountancy firm in their corporate recovery practice, including a secondment to a property development company and managing proceeds of crime receiverships.
Recent examples of work include:
- Acting as Provisional Liquidator and subsequently Liquidator at the request of the ATO over eight entities in the labour hire industry that had a history of phoenix activity and were involved in a scheme to defraud the Commonwealth of c$280m.
- Appointed as Receiver and Manager of a property development company on behalf of major Australian bank, overseeing the completion and realisation of a residential property development.
- Replaced incumbent Administrators/Liquidators at the request of a government agency who had concerns over their independence to investigate prior phoenix activity.
- Trustee of a bankrupt estate that involved uncovering a fraud that led to a significant return to the estate’s creditors.
- Trustee of a bankrupt estate of a renowned horse trainer.
- The liquidation of a group of entities that had raised $18 million via an unregistered Managed Investment Scheme. This included the investigation and realisation of assets including residential property in the USA and the sell down of financial instruments.
- Interim management and the sale of businesses in a variety of industries including retail, hospitality and healthcare.
- Independent business reviews on behalf of a major Australian banks.
- The sale of various commercial and residential properties including the Pentridge Village site, multi storey office building in Kew and a shopping complex that included a major international retailer and 13 specialty stores.
Qualifications and memberships:
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting), Victoria University
- ASIC Registered Liquidator
- Registered Trustee in Bankruptcy
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- Chartered Accountants in England and Wales