Nothing is more professionally rewarding than being able to improve the quality of life of my clients.
Business Advisory Director
Nicholas has extensive taxation, commercial and valuation experience across a range of industries.
Nicholas' background includes extensive experience in advising high net worth individuals in relation to their remuneration packages, tax strategies, investment structuring, estate and retirement planning.
Nicholas has worked with a number of foreign companies establishing subsidiaries in Australia and advised on all financial aspects of establishing the business. He has also advised venture capital backed companies in a range of industries as they deal with the issues associated with rapid growth.
Nicholas is a specialist in advising on and applying for Research and Development (R&D) Tax Incentives on behalf of companies. The tax offset (cash refund) element of the program has been vital to his clients in having the cash flow to continue growing.
In addition, he has assisted business owners in a range of industries to maximise the after-tax benefits of selling their business by; readying the business for sale, compiling a due diligence file for potential purchasers, advising on the deal structure, and minimising the tax consequences of the sale.
Recent examples of work include:
- Acting as interim CFO for a period of six months for an-ASX listed company
- Working with a SAAS company over ten years plus from its inception through an acquisition and then divestment to an ASX-listed company
- Helping a medical practice sell their business to an aggregator and ensuring the small business CGT concessions applied
Qualifications and memberships:
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting and Marketing) - University of Technology Sydney
Registered Tax Agent
- Member and Chartered Tax Adviser of the Taxation Institute of Australia
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD)