For me it’s about helping clients achieve their goals. That’s what motivates me.
Based in Tamworth, Megan is responsible for the Superannuation division for the PKF New England North West offices. She also assists her clients in taxation and business services to help them meet their goals.
Megan joined PKF Australia in 2012 to assist in the introduction of the Superannuation division. Megan is an SPAA Specialist Adviser, a valued qualification gained through the SMSF Professionals' Association of Australia Ltd which supports her detailed knowledge of self-managed superannuation funds.
Megan is also an authorised representative with the SMSF Advisers Network which enables her to assist her superannuation clients in all aspects of superannuation.
Megan’s previous experience includes nine years as a commercial accountant in the airline industry before moving to public practice in 2000, working in taxation and business services. During this time she developed a passion for superannuation and assists her clients with all aspects of their superannuation needs from contribution strategies to maximising their benefits for retirement.
Megan works closely with her clients in both taxation and business services and superannuation to help them develop strategies and implement changes that will help them to grow and achieve their goals in today’s changing economic environment.
Recent examples of work include:
- Successfully implemented a re-contribution strategy for SMSF clients saving their beneficiaries $45,000 in tax.
- Assisted clients with transferring their commercial property into an SMSF, enabling them to become debt free personally and have their asset in a low tax environment protected from any potential creditors.
- Successfully implemented strategies to improve the profit for a SME through the use of technology, enabling the business owner access to real time data, resulting in cost savings through lower staff costs and increased productivity.
Qualifications and memberships:
- SPAA Specialist Adviser, SMSF Professionals' Association of Australia
- Authorised Representative, SMSF Advisers Network
- Member of the Institute of Public Accountants
- Master of Commerce (Professional Accounting)
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting