Matt is a data and analytics expert providing clients with useful information that can help improve financial performance, detect fraud and provide valuable insights into business improvement and business intelligence.
He is committed to ensuring that clients use their data to troubleshoot problems, providing them with patterns and statistics, processes and algorithms, that help the organisation make better decisions and become more effective.
Matt has always had an investigative and technical mind, staring his career as an engineer in the Royal Australian Air Force, he was responsible for implementing solutions to complex problems before taking on a role in retail which exposed him to a lot of data that wasn’t being utilised as it could. It was this that led him into accounting and his love for all things data, intricate problem solving and ensuring that his clients have everything they need to make the right decisions for their business.
Though the science behind Matt’s expertise is complex, Matt is motivated to help clients see through the density so that they can action valuable and important strategies that will improve productivity, increase efficiencies and achieve their goals.
Matt approaches each engagement with an open mind. He is business-focused whilst maintaining his approachability, friendly nature and ensuring that he understands the client and their goals.
Recent examples of work include:
- Administering a $20m project for an ASX 100 company, including producing and presenting a quarterly analytics package for senior management.
- Developing and producing a monthly analytics report for a state government department, including custom geographical representations of financial and time-based data.
- Developing an analytics reporting package for a global car manufacturer in relation to a national compliance matter.
Professional Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Member of the Institute of Analytics Professionals Australia
- Provisional Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- Member of PKF International (PKFI) Information Solutions Group