My team and I really enjoy developing and maintaining our strong client relationships. We pride ourselves on delivering our quality assurance services with integrity and with a view to improving our clients' systems and financial reporting processes.
Audit and Assurance Partner
Joint Head of Audit & Assurance
With over 25 years of experience, Martin has been practicing in Newcastle since 2004 following 13 years with Deloitte in Sydney and London.
Martin specialises in the provision of external audit and internal audit & risk management services. Martin also has extensive experience in the provision of financial due diligence and accounting advice with respect to the application of A-IFRS.
Many clients benefit from Martin’s advice that focuses on accurate financial reporting and making business processes more efficient and effective.
He is also experienced in conducting system reviews focusing on the adequacy of controls within businesses, and the preparation of financial statements.
From serving small not-for-profit companies through to large listed multinationals, Martin has a wealth of audit and advisory experience. He is renowned for his technical ability, professionalism, work ethic and ability to maintain strong client relationships.
Martin’s diverse industry experience includes not-for-profit, education and training, mining services, registered clubs, manufacturing, infrastructure, gaming and wagering, and financial services.
Recent examples of work include:
- Assisted with the development of a risk management framework of a major infrastructure company
- Provided the Investigating Accountant’s report in respect of the listing of a wagering and technology company on the ASX
- Successfully transitioned the external audit of a significant tertiary education provider from the Big 4 to PKF
Qualifications and memberships:
- Registered Company Auditor
- Fellow of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- Member of Institute of Internal Auditors of Australia
- Bach of Commerce (Merit) UNSW