Kathy’s speciality areas are predominately focused on business services and taxation, together with superannuation and retirement planning. She is based in our Adelaide office.
With more than 20 years of experience, Kathy has worked with a wide variety of clients, particularly the industry sectors of manufacturing, building and construction, primary production, and not for profit.
Kathy’s specialised knowledge in superannuation and retirement planning has enabled a large number of clients to progress within their business and attain tax effective retirement strategies.
More recently Kathy’s work has involved specialist analysis reporting on business and primary production activities for family law purposes and associated valuation of business.
When Kathy isn't working, she enjoys spending her time with family, travelling and volunteering for Matrics Netball Club.
Some of Kathy’s key assignments have included:
- Advising in relation to implementation of succession plan and restructure of family business
- Valuation of business and family group of entities for family law purposes
- Lecturing on a range of topics including GST, Superannuation, Capital Gains Tax and taxation implications of family law settlements
- Advising in relation to complex SMSF matters including segregation, borrowing arrangements, legislation compliance and restructuring
- Advising in relation to the tax aspects of estate planning, primary production activities and various proposed business transactions
- Undertaking tax compliance reviews for clients in the areas of Income Tax, GST, Superannuation, FBT and CGT
Kathy is a Fellow of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ), a Fellow of the Taxation Institute, and is a Registered Tax Agent.
She is also a CA SMSF Specialist member of CA ANZ. This is a specialist qualification possessed by less than 20 people in South Australia.
In 2017 Kathy was awarded The Adviser's 'SMSF Adviser of the Year.'