I get great satisfaction from helping my clients to improve their business performance. My passion is partnering with business owners in firstly defining their goals, to then working on strategies to achieve those goals.
Business Advisory Partner
With over 20 years of taxation and business advisory experience, Greg is a Partner of the Newcastle office. He resides in the Hunter Valley with his client base spread throughout the state.
Whilst Greg’s experience and knowledge is extensive in all facets of taxation planning and business advisory services, Greg’s strengths and thought leadership are in the areas of Profit Improvement and ongoing Management Reporting for Business Owners. Greg enjoys creating more than just a business relationship with his valued clients.
Greg provides taxation and business advisory services to a broad range of small and medium sized businesses, with a particular focus on a few key industries, including Retail, Property, Health, Pharmacy and Hospitality.
Greg’s service offering continues to adapt to advances in technology, where he has been able to advise his clients on various efficiency measures, including adopting ‘cloud based’ software solutions to automate the accounts and payroll function within organisations.
Greg is at the forefront of an industry going through significant change, with his adoption of the PKF ‘Future of Choice’ approach to advisory services proving invaluable to his quality client base.
Greg continues to foster strong ties within the Hunter Valley community and has held various positions on sporting and not for profit boards, including a past Treasurer of the Maitland Junior Rugby Union Club and the current immediate past Treasurer of the Maitland Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Recent examples of work include:
- The provision of business advisory services to a number of new businesses, from the initial set up of an optimal business structure and wealth accumulation vehicle, to the design and implementation of a financial reporting framework.
- Advice in relation to the expansion of existing businesses, including undertaking a re-structure, developing a strategic growth plan, formulating an action plan, and documenting and monitoring key performance and accountability measures.
- Outsourced Financial Controller services, including preparation of monthly performance reports, presentation of FC reporting pack, and strategizing actions to capitalise on opportunities.
- Complete finance function set-up, implementation, and ongoing maintenance for multi-franchise owners.
- Facilitation of the sale of either full or partial interests in trading businesses, as well as facilitation of strategic business acquisitions to leverage business synergies.
Qualifications and memberships:
- Bachelor of Business
- Chartered Accountant - Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- Charted Tax Adviser - Tax Institute of Australia
- Registered Tax Agent
- Xero Advisor Certification