I am passionate about helping all stakeholders navigate through the challenges of insolvency. The last 12 months have proven that anything is possible when it comes to expecting the unexpected.
Business Recovery and Insolvency Senior Manager
George is a Senior Manager working in the Business Recovery & Insolvency team, based in Melbourne.
With over eleven years’ experience in Business Recovery & Insolvency, George has worked in all facets of the industry from lending reviews to providing advice to individuals and companies regarding informal and formal appointments.
George has worked on a range of matters from voluntary administrations and creditors voluntary liquidations, members voluntary liquidations, bankruptcy, official liquidations, receiverships and limited scope due diligence reviews. He has also undertaken investigations into insolvent trading and voidable transactions including unfair preference payments and uncommercial transactions for small-medium enterprises and large proprietary companies.
George has an honest and respectful approach to dealing with various stakeholders through complex and challenging situations. Thus, his vast area of expertise including: Voluntary Administrations and Deed of Company Arrangements (including trade on appointments), Reporting to Banks and Financial Institutions, Receiverships, Liquidations, Bankruptcy Appointments, Lending Reviews, Financial Advice, and Limited Scope Due Diligence Reviews
Recent examples of work include:
- The voluntary administration and liquidation of various small businesses in most major sectors including hospitality, retail, manufacturing, property, and education.
- The sale of various residential properties including a group of entities with 12 residential properties and reporting to major Australian lenders.
- Managing the shutdown and business restructure of a major women’s clothing retailer with 27 stores across Australia.
- Trading-on and selling a grape vineyard on behalf of a large Australian bank and reporting to them on a regular basis until their security was discharged.
- Performing lending reviews on behalf of major international lenders with Australian clients. The reviews included examination of books and records, and an analysis of the key performance indicators and accounting procedures in respect to accounts receivable, inventory holdings, fixed assets, loans, and accounts payable.
- Public Examination Process for a major food manufacturer involving a review of the company’s financial position, investigation into accounting work performed, identifying indicators of insolvency and insolvent trading, and a comprehensive review of underperforming assets and loan accounts.
Qualifications and memberships:
- ARITA Advanced Certificate in Insolvency
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) – Monash University
- CPA Australia Insolvency & Discussion Group
George has insolvency experience in the following industries:
- Financial Services
- Real Estate and Construction
- Education and Training
- Transport and Logistics