Serious misconduct such as fraud and corruption are often complex and stressful for those involved. Listening and being able to clearly understand the key issues enables me to provide pragmatic advice and assistance.
PKF Integrity Principal
PKF Integrity Principal
David is a Principal in the PKF Integrity services business, based in Melbourne. He has 15 years’ experience delivering forensic and integrity risk advisory services.
David has provided these services across a wide range of industry sectors in Australia and overseas, including Southeast Asia where he established and managed the forensic division of a firm in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, for over five years.
David’s experience includes consulting to both private and public sector entities.
Recent examples of work include:
- Fraud, corruption and misconduct investigations, including theft of intellectual property and breaches of confidentiality
- Anti-fraud and corruption consulting
- Whistleblowing system management and policy development
- Integrity due diligence investigations (pre and post mergers and acquisitions)
- Physical security consulting and site surveys
David regularly writes thought leadership pieces on subjects such as fraud, corruption, procurement integrity, modern slavery and integrity due diligence.
Prior to embarking on his professional services career, David was a Detective Sergeant with the Victoria Police Major Fraud Group where he was responsible for managing investigations into complex white-collar crime.
Darren Wallis, Manager of Assessments and Enquiries at Corruption and Crime Commission, Western Australia commends David’s professionalism:
“David is an accomplished investigator having conducted highly complex investigations relating to fraud, employee misconduct, criminal and other matters. He maintains the highest levels of integrity and conducts himself with the utmost professionalism. He strives to achieve the objectives of the task and is solution focused. I highly recommend David in any capacity, he will achieve the required objective while complying with legislation, policy and procedure.”
Qualifications and memberships:
- Diploma of Social Science (Security Management)
- Graduate certificate in Fraud Investigation
- Certificate III Investigative Services
- Fellow member of CPA Australia (FCPA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) and member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Ethical Alliance certified anti-corruption specialist
- Licensed investigator in Victoria and NSW
- Member of ASIS International (ASIS)