I strive to ensure that my clients fully understand the data that we’re presenting to ensure that we’re adding value to their business.
Audit and Assurance Senior Manager
David is an analytical thinker who has a focus on utilising advances in data analytics to benefit clients and make the audit process smoother and more efficient by delivering true value and insights that inform decisions and improve processes.
Starting at PKF over 11 years ago, David was a member of the firm’s REACH program, designed as an introduction to accounting for the brightest and most talented undergraduates and graduates. David’s talent shone throughout the program and he was quickly recruited by the audit team where he has gone on to nurture his talent and become an aspiring leader at the firm.
During his tenure, David has invested time in his clients through by participating in secondments when the opportunity has arisen, and his clients are in need. This has given him additional insight into the internal workings and controls of particular clients and exposure to environments other than those of PKF and accounting.
David focuses on what is important to his clients. He does this by ensuring that he gets to know his clients, understands their pain point and main areas of risk, rather than employing a tick-box strategy which could leave his clients exposed. He understands the evolving nature of many of the organisations he works with and works to ensure that he is one-step ahead, facing the challenges and curveballs that come his way.
David has been identified as a key player in the PKF International and PKF Australia data analytics strategy team.
Recent examples of work include:
- Managing the annual audit engagement of a number of large national and foreign owned entities, being primarily responsible for the co-ordination and seamless service delivery to meet individual needs of each engagement.
- Working closely with clients in the aged care sector, providing financial and operational insights within the annual assurance engagement.
- Assisting numerous clients through the financial reporting and underlying accounting requirements of business acquisitions and discontinued operations.
- Heavily involved in national and international audit projects, specifically as project lead in the application of data analytics in audit and assisting with the review and updates of the external audit methodology.
Qualifications and nemberships:
- Bachelor of Commerce – University of Southern Queensland
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)