We have a varied and diverse client base. Every day we are presented with scenarios in which clients require our expertise and assistance to help them achieve their goals. We stand with them seeking outcomes which drive the client forward. That is my why!
Taxation Managing Partner
Managing Partner – Perth
Darren has more than 30 years of experience in providing taxation and business services solutions to clients across industry sectors including mining and energy, property development, financial services, information technology, manufacturing and retail. He assists both SMEs and ASX listed companies in relation to their taxation needs.
He specialises in helping clients of all sizes on capital gains tax matters, corporate restructures, tax effective business structuring and goods and services tax.
Darren began his career in 1987 with a Big 4 International accounting firm, in the taxation consulting division. After gaining experience on a variety of clients and high-level engagements, Darren joined PKF Mack (now PKF Perth) as a Taxation Manager in 1992 and became a Partner in 1995.
Away from the desk, Darren enjoys remote fishing trips, watching his daughters excel at Rhythmic Gymnastics, the beach in summer, the football in winter and helping out at his wife's ballet school.
Recent examples of work include:
- Providing tax structuring advice on the merger of two unlisted financial services businesses.
- Advising on the taxation implications associated with the sale of an overseas based business owned by an Australian entity to an ASX listed company.
- Providing tax due diligence services to a large client on the acquisition of a competitor in the mining services industry.
Qualifications and memberships:
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of WA
- Fellow of Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- Chartered Tax Adviser with the Taxation Institute of Australia