Understanding a client’s business objectives and being able to add insight and value on the best next steps, is what I do best.
Daniel’s specialist experience and knowledge are predominantly in the areas of small business CGT concessions, tax consolidations, estate planning, and taxation structuring.
Daniel is described as a humble and diligent professional. He has built a trusted network of client many of whom are fellow accountants that do not hold the specialist taxation skillset to be able to advise their clients in complex taxation planning and structuring. This is where Daniel excels.
With a strong ethical standing, Daniel works closely with a client and their adviser to help them navigate intricacies in tax law. He genuinely cares about his clients and fellow advisers and builds deep professional relationships with them. It is through these relationships he can gently challenge the status quo and delve deeper into a client’s tax affairs to proactively find ways to improve a business.
Daniel works with a broad range of clients from multinational companies with turnovers in excess of $100 million to small family businesses.
Recent examples include:
- Income tax review saving the client over $10,000 – a Physiotherapy business believed they were paying too much tax. After a conducting a review of the client’s affairs Daniel identified errors that had been in the client’s tax return for the last three years.
- Structure review for growing business – An allied health services client grew very quickly. The shares in the company were owned by the sole director which meant all the profits of the business where being distributed to the sole director and were at risk. After understanding the client’s situation and what they were trying to achieve, Daniel was able to restructure the ownership of the company to provide asset protection and an ideal tax structure.
- Small Business CGT Concession Advisory for a business with an $11 million turnover – We were able to restructure the ownership from individual shareholders to a corporate shareholder which in return provided asset protection and the ability to provide financial accommodation to other family members who were disabled or were experiencing financial difficulty.
- Law chamber purchasing commercial premises - The Barristers Chambers were looking to acquire the commercial building which they operated out of. They sought advice from their independent accountants on how to best structure the acquisition. After reviewing the proposed structures, the client implemented our structure as it provided the ideal structure for land tax and income tax and provided great asset protection.
Qualifications and memberships:
- Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting, University of Newcastle, 2012
- Graduate Diploma of Applied Tax Law, Tax Institute of Australia
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Chartered Tax Adviser, Tax Institute of Australia
- Board Member, Hunter Young Professionals – 2016 to 2018
- Committee Member. Newcastle and Hunter Chartered Accountants Committee – 2015 - 2018
- Committee Member, Bean Counters Ball – 2018
- Finalist – Australian Accounting Awards – Young Accountant of the Year
- Finalist – Australian Accounting Awards – Rising Star