Governance, Risk & Compliance Officer
: Governance, Risk & Compliance Officer
Are you an audit / risk professional looking for an “out of the box” challenge?
Our Governance, Risk and Compliance team at PKF Sydney and Newcastle is growing and we are looking for a recent graduate or experienced professional to join our team now.
We aren’t your traditional audit and risk professionals; we are big thinkers, problem solvers and innovators.
You will excel and grow in this role if you:
- Love challenging the status quo and solving complex problems;
- Value communications and client experience;
- Do your best work in a fast paced, agile and dynamic team;
- Have project management experience;
- Have some experience in audit, risk or compliance (it would be nice if you have data analytics experience too);
- Are keen to take your career to the next level supported by a team and firm that will back you; and
- Are based in Sydney or Newcastle.
In return you will join a progressive firm that values culture and diversity, lets you take charge of your development and carve your own path, and partner with Australia’s high profile brands.
PKF is a leader in the mid-market and, despite the recent pandemic, we’re not following the same trajectory as some of our bigger competitors; we’re growing at an impressive rate. More and more companies want to work with us because of our values, culture and our ability to make it happen. We pride ourselves on our people so investing in them makes sense, and we do it well.
Our audit team is energetic, self-motivated and dedicated to giving a first-class service to our clients. We will provide a challenging but supportive environment, with exposure to a diverse cross section of businesses, or the opportunity to specialise if preferred.
How did we cope with COVID?
We’ve come out of COVID with a new perspective and believe that our team can say it better than we can:
- Leadership – “A big positive has been the audit leadership and how they have led us through this complex time of uncertainty to a position of strength.”
- Innovation – “We thought we were innovative before COVID but, like most firms, COVID pushed us into the unknown. We’ve realised that there are new and different ways to work with clients and we probably don’t need to be on site or in the office 100% of the time. The notion of flexible working has taken on a whole new meaning at PKF and it’s one we continue to embrace.”
- Communication – “New structures were set-up, with sophisticated processes and check-ins. Working away from the office, I speak with my team more than I did when I sat right next to them in the office. It’s not just about workflow and planning; it’s about me. My mental wellbeing, my career goals, just generally how I’m tracking. In one word, it’s impressive.”
- Opportunities – “I am genuinely excited by the opportunities that remote working presents, inclusive of being able to effectively partner with, gain exposure to clients, colleagues and engagements across Australia and potentially internationally. Thus improving my professional skills, relationships and experience with/knowledge of international best practise in the risk and assurance space.”
:Thursday, March 4, 2021
If you think you're the perfect fit for us, send your cover letter and resumé to our team. We're looking forward to meeting you.