Audit - Senior
: Audit - Senior
PKF is a leader in the mid-market and, despite the recent pandemic, we’re not following the same trajectory as some of our bigger competitors; we’re growing at an incredible rate. More and more companies want to work with us because of our values, culture and our ability to make it happen. We pride ourselves on our people so investing in them makes sense, and we do it well.
We are currently seeking an Audit Senior to join our Newcastle team.
You will be contributing to the team from day one and must be able to demonstrate the skills, motivation and commitment required to work on a wide range of technically challenging audit engagements across a multitude of industries.
You’ll have access to best practice data analytics for audit methodologies to ensure your clients and people obtain the best outcomes.
Working smart will allow you to record minimal overtime, even during busy season!
We set high standards, but don’t just look at technical ability, as an Audit Senior you’ll be a passionate, talented individual with an ability to lead. Your main focus will be planning, executing and finalising all areas of audit assignments alongside our Managers and Partners to deliver an exceptional client experience.
In return, we offer a highly competitive package.
- Between three to six years’ audit experience
- CA or CPA qualified or near-qualified
- Strong technical knowledge of the Corporations Act, auditing standards and accounting concepts
- Superior client interaction skills
- Ability to set and execute audit plan/strategy
- Experience in utilising substantive and control based approaches towards audit plans
- Team player able to work at pace and under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate a leadership/coaching style
- A great communicator able to build relationships internally and with our clients
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability with an attention to detail
- Excellent English language skills
- Acts with integrity, honesty, trust and respect
- Looking for a new role that comes with opportunity, challenge and a great team.
- Proficient understanding of Microsoft suite including Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Experience with financial statement preparation and review (including the ability to compiling cashflow statements)
- Understanding of CaseWare, IDEA, Xero and MYOB preferable but not essential
Our audit team is energetic, self-motivated and dedicated to giving a first-class service to our clients. We will provide a challenging but supportive environment, with exposure to a diverse cross section of businesses, or the opportunity to specialise if preferred.
How did we cope with COVID?
We’ve come out of COVID with a new perspective and believe that our team can say it better than we can:
- Leadership – “A big positive has been the audit leadership and how they have led us through this complex time of uncertainty to a position of strength.”
- Innovation – “We thought we were innovative before COVID but, like most firms, COVID pushed us into the unknown. We’ve realised that there are new and different ways to work with clients and we probably don’t need to be on site or in the office 100% of the time. The notion of flexible working has taken on a whole new meaning at PKF and it’s one we continue to embrace.”
- Communication – “New structures were set-up, with sophisticated processes and check-ins. Working away from the office, I speak with my team more than I did when I sat right next to them in the office. It’s not just about workflow and planning; it’s about me. My mental wellbeing, my career goals, just generally how I’m tracking. In one word, it’s impressive.”
- Opportunities – “I am genuinely excited by the opportunities that remote working presents, inclusive of being able to effectively partner with, gain exposure to clients, colleagues and engagements across Australia and potentially internationally. Thus improving my professional skills, relationships and experience with/knowledge of international best practise in the risk and assurance space.”
:Friday, January 29, 2021
Sounds good? Send your CV to [email protected].
Don’t fit the mould above but interested in working with PKF? Contact us and start a conversation.
We endeavour to get back to all interested candidates.