What should Clubs look for in an auditor?
Here are some points to consider when looking for an auditor for your venue, or if you think it is time for a change.
- Relevant experience - specific club industry experience with a significant number of clubs and club Industry associations
- Regulation - An awareness of the changing regulatory environment that impacts on clubs;
- Value for money - competitive fees without compromising quality, and a service that exceeds expectations;
- Proven track record - long and established reputation in the club sector from a leading and award winning practice;
- Focus on service - large enough to deliver the required expertise, but still capable of providing a personalised service and delivery;
- Accessibility to senior people - access to senior members of the audit team who are always accessible and responsive to your needs, with practical recommendations delivered in person;
- Commercial focus - proactive ability to bring in partners from other disciplines who are also experts in the club industry to provide additional commercial advice;
- Risk awareness - understanding of the risks and issues currently faced by the club sector, including fraud factors, and the ability to focus the audit in these areas;
- Timely and constructive feedback - continuous communication throughout the year, and internal control and corporate governance improvements and weaknesses to be identified and reported in a timely manner, with relevant recommendations presented in a user friendly format; and
- Established and proven club audit methodology - robust club audit methodology that has followed stringent quality control processes.
For more information, please contact Scott Tobutt on (02) 8346 6046 or email [email protected]